Saturday 22 July 2017

Playing with Paste

Hi Crafters,

Toothpaste, tomato paste & wallpaper paste are some types of pastes that come to mind when I hear the word "paste".. but today I am going to introduce you to a fabulous product that is going to take your crafting abilities to a whole new level!  

Embossing Texture Paste

Stampin' Up! have released this amazing embossing paste in the latest annual catalogue, along with the tools and bits & bobs to successfully create a range of crafty creations that pop.  So what is this paste? It is a white thick paste, used in small quantities, that can be mixed with ink and/ or glitter, and is then added to cardstock by smearing it over a mask or applying it for added texture.  It sets relatively quickly, and tools must be rinsed or washed immediately after use.


There are two packs of masks available at present - each pack contains approximately 4 different patterned masks/ stencils - one in the clearance section of the online Stampin' Up! Store, the other through the general annual catalogue shopping section. 


But the great news is that you are not limited by using the masks available through Stampin' Up! You can create your own reusable masks or stencils using clear acetate sheets and framelits/ thinlits dies! This means your options are endless! Great hey :)


These two cards were designed by fellow demonstrator & friend, Irene Rahman, and created at a Christmas in July card class I attended last weekend... 


The starry night card featured the embossing paste, accentuated with sparkling diamond glitter and looks stunning! Irene had made the mask using the new Christmas framelits set just recently released.. do check this product out, including the matching stamp set.

The next two cards I created by mixing Pink Pirouette ink (I didn't have the liquid ink refill so just scraped a bit of ink off the ink pad using the palette knife) & some glitter...


The minute I saw the result on white cardstock, I knew it would look spectacular with the Carousel Birthday stamp set.  




The second card I opted for the Sealed with Love stamp set. My apologies for using retired stamp sets on both these cards.




Products Recommended:



I hope I have inspired you to try using this awesome product  - once you have tried it I am sure you'll be hooked!  

Well thanks for joining me today.. have a great day & I'll see you again soon :) 

Lorin xx


No comments:

Post a Comment